The editors congratulate the author of this article, an earlier version of which was awarded first prize in the FURS (Foundation for Urban and Regional Studies) 2010 Essay Competition for the Best Essay on Urban and Regional Themes by Young Authors. For details of the Foundation's activities, including eligibility criteria and application forms for studentships and research grants, visit http://www.ijurr.org/furs/home.html.
Then I'll Huff, and I'll Puff, and I'll . . . : A Natural Experiment on Property Titling, Housing Improvement and the Psychology of Tenure Security
Article first published online: 5 JUL 2012
© 2012 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 734–749, March 2013
How to Cite
Van Gelder, J.-L. (2013), Then I'll Huff, and I'll Puff, and I'll . . . : A Natural Experiment on Property Titling, Housing Improvement and the Psychology of Tenure Security. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 37: 734–749. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2427.2012.01157.x
The author gratefully acknowledges the help of the following people with gathering the data for this study: Estela Gutierrez, Gaspar Torrez, Mirian Montenegro, Hugo David Obregon, Daiana Garcia, Marcela Torres, Ezequiel Lapera, Cristian Carlini, Facundo Ezquieta, Fernando Ostuni and Maria Cristina Cravino. I thank Gustaaf Reerink for his assistance with the dependent measure and Reinout E. de Vries for his helpful comments on earlier drafts of this article. This research was funded by a generous grant from the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy.
- Issue published online: 26 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 5 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!