An earlier version of this article was presented at the 2010 Conference on ‘European Integration: Past, Present and Future’ at Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada, organized by the International Migration Research Centre, the Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis and the Viessman European Research Centre. Many thanks are due to Ute Hirsch and Günter Langner for their help in making contact with key individuals in the Bitterfeld-Wolfen chemical industry, and to Heiner Depner, Katrin Kappes (formerly Griebel), Frank Kobiela and Caroline von Bernuth (formerly Jentsch) for their superb research support. Special thanks are due to three anonymous IJURR reviewers for providing comments that substantially helped to strengthen the conceptual basis of what was originally designed as an empirical article. I also wish to thank Gerhard Braun, Alfred Hecht, Sebastian Henn, Andrew Munro, Josef Nipper, Kristina Schulz and Michael Seidel for valuable comments on earlier versions of this article. Finally, I would like to thank my former students from seminars at the universities of Frankfurt/Main and Marburg who participated in field trips to the Bitterfeld-Wolfen region and helped to conduct some of the interviews that informed this research.
Post-Reunification Restructuring and Corporate Re-bundling in the Bitterfeld-Wolfen Chemical Industry, East Germany
Article first published online: 22 JAN 2013
© 2013 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 37, Issue 4, pages 1456–1485, July 2013
How to Cite
Bathelt, H. (2013), Post-Reunification Restructuring and Corporate Re-bundling in the Bitterfeld-Wolfen Chemical Industry, East Germany. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 37: 1456–1485. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2427.2012.01194.x
- Issue published online: 20 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 22 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!