The first two projects outlined in this article were funded by the Nuffield Foundation, and I would like to thank the organization for its generous support. Thanks to Khethiwe Malaza, Sibongile Buthelezi and Kerry Philp for their extensive contributions to the collection of data. Thanks also to the referees of IJURR, and Eric Olund, Dan Hammett, Steve Connelly and Margo Huxley for comments on an earlier version of this article.
‘I Don't Like My Children to Grow up in this Bad Area’: Parental Anxieties about Living in Informal Settlements
Article first published online: 9 JAN 2013
© 2013 Urban Research Publications Limited
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 537–555, March 2013
How to Cite
Meth, P. (2013), ‘I Don't Like My Children to Grow up in this Bad Area’: Parental Anxieties about Living in Informal Settlements. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 37: 537–555. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2427.2012.01199.x
- Issue published online: 26 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 9 JAN 2013
- Nuffield Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!