*We received useful suggestions from participants of The 5th Behavioral Economics Workshop co-sponsored by Aoyama Gakuin University and Osaka University Center for Research in Behavioral Economics. For earlier versions of the paper, we thank Junji Kawahara, Srinivasan Sankaraguruswamy, Yasuhiko Tanigawa, participants of the NFA/APFA/FMA Annual Meetings, and seminar participants at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Keio University, Musashi University, Nanyang Technological University, National University of Singapore, and The University of Hong Kong for helpful comments. We appreciate the efforts of Masato Hirota and Hirotaka Kawai of the Tokyo Stock Exchange in answering our questions on institutional details. We appreciate Alisa Larson for excellent editorial assistance. Yamada acknowledges the support during stay at the Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy of Hitotsubashi University and financial support from the National University of Singapore Academic Research Grant R-315-000-047-112. The contents expressed in the paper do not reflect opinions of the institutions with which authors are affiliated.
How do Individual, Institutional, and Foreign Investors Win and Lose in Equity Trades? Evidence from Japan*
Version of Record online: 7 JAN 2008
International Review of Finance
Volume 6, Issue 3-4, pages 129–155, September/December 2006
How to Cite
BAE, K.-H., YAMADA, T. and ITO, K. (2006), How do Individual, Institutional, and Foreign Investors Win and Lose in Equity Trades? Evidence from Japan. International Review of Finance, 6: 129–155. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2443.2007.00062.x
- Issue online: 7 JAN 2008
- Version of Record online: 7 JAN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!