*We are grateful to a number of individuals for comments on our earlier working papers, from which some of this material is drawn. We thank Heitor Almeida, Malcolm Baker, Sugato Bhattacharyya, Christine Brown, Murillo Campello, Howard Chan, Eric Chang, Long Chen, Kevin Davis, Doug Foster, Murray Frank, Fangjian Fu, John Graham, Bruce Grundy, Campbell Harvey, Gilles Hilary, Armen Hovakimian, Nengjiu Ju, Ayla Kayhan, Laura Liu, Peter MacKay, Salih Neftci, Douglas Rolph, Nilanjan Sen, Lewis Tam, Sheridan Titman, Ivo Welch, Mungo Wilson, Xueping Wu, and especially Michael Lemmon (AFA 2007 discussant), Jie Gan, Vidhan Goyal, and Michael Roberts. We also thank seminar participants at the 11th Finsia–Melbourne Centre Banking and Finance Conference, 2007 American Finance Association meetings, Arizona State University, Chinese University of Hong Kong, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Baptist University, University of Macau, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Nanyang Technological University, National University of Singapore, Singapore Management University, University of Hong Kong, University of New South Wales Research Camp 2006, and University of Southern California. Chang acknowledges financial support from Academic Research Fund Tier 1 provided by Ministry of Education (Singapore) under grant numbers SUG FY08, M58010006. Dasgupta acknowledges financial support from Hong Kong's Research Grants Council under grant # HKUST6451/05H.
Monte Carlo Simulations and Capital Structure Research*
Article first published online: 2 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. International Review of Finance © International Review of Finance Ltd. 2011
International Review of Finance
Special Issue: FINANCING AND CAPITAL STRUCTURE: PART I
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 19–55, March 2011
How to Cite
CHANG, X. and DASGUPTA, S. (2011), Monte Carlo Simulations and Capital Structure Research. International Review of Finance, 11: 19–55. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2443.2011.01126.x
- Issue published online: 2 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 2 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!