Thanks to the Leverhulme Trust for funding this research through its research centre grant to CMPO, Bristol. This paper has benefited from seminar presentations at the Universities of Amsterdam, Bristol, CASS Business School, Exeter, Leeds, Oxford, Reading and the Asian Finance Association, HKUST June 2010. We are particularly grateful to Renee Adams (the editor), Thomas Kirchmaier and an anonymous referee for comments on an earlier draft. We are also very grateful to Maria Michou and Rajesh Tharyan for help in updating the data used in this study.
Executive Pay and Performance: Did Bankers’ Bonuses Cause the Crisis?†
Article first published online: 10 OCT 2011
© 2011 The Authors. International Review of Finance © International Review of Finance Ltd. 2011
International Review of Finance
Special Issue: GOVERNANCE, POLICY AND THE CRISIS: PART I
Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 89–122, March 2012
How to Cite
Gregg, P., Jewell, S. and Tonks, I. (2012), Executive Pay and Performance: Did Bankers’ Bonuses Cause the Crisis?. International Review of Finance, 12: 89–122. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2443.2011.01136.x
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 10 OCT 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!