Michael Herzfeld is Professor of Anthropology at Harvard University, 33 Kirkland Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA. email: firstname.lastname@example.org The author of The Social Production of Indifference (1992) and Cultural Intimacy: Social Poetics in the Nation-State (1997), he has written extensively on anthropological and semiotic theory, the ethnography of Southern Europe, local politics, nationalism, and the reproduction of social knowledge. He is editor of American Ethnologist. The Editor wishes to thank Professor Herzfeld for his invaluable assistance as editorial advisor for this issue of the ISSJ.
Anthropology: a practice of theory
Article first published online: 2 SEP 2010
International Social Science Journal
Volume 49, Issue 153, pages 301–318, September 1997
How to Cite
Herzfeld, M. (1997), Anthropology: a practice of theory. International Social Science Journal, 49: 301–318. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2451.1997.tb00025.x
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 2 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!