Laurence Bérard and Philippe Marchenay are researchers in the eco-anthropology and ethnobiology research unit of the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and the Muséum national d'Histoire Naturelle. They head the “Terroir Resources – Cultures, Customs, and Societies” Department located in Bourg-en-Bresse (Ain), at the Alimentec Technopole. Their research focuses on the ethnological dimensions of local farm and food products. They work on bringing to the fore, characterising, and analysing the cultural specificity of such products. Their work emphasises the knowledge, practices, and representations implemented in the elaboration, conservation, and use of these resources. Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Local products and geographical indications: taking account of local knowledge and biodiversity
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2006
International Social Science Journal
Volume 58, Issue 187, pages 109–116, March 2006
How to Cite
Bérard, L. and Marchenay, P. (2006), Local products and geographical indications: taking account of local knowledge and biodiversity. International Social Science Journal, 58: 109–116. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2451.2006.00592.x
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2006
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!