Edvard Hviding is Professor of Social Anthropology at the University of Bergen, Norway. His research on the Solomon Islands has involved more than three years of fieldwork over two decades. Recently he has worked with UNESCO and the Solomon Islands government on the integration of local environmental knowledge into the educational system. His book Reef and rainforest: an environmental encyclopedia of Marovo Lagoon, Solomon Islands was published by UNESCO in 2005 and tested out in school situations in the Marovo Lagoon. Among Hviding's other books are Guardians of Marovo Lagoon (1996) and Islands of rainforest (2000, with T. Bayliss-Smith). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Knowing and managing biodiversity in the Pacific Islands: challenges of environmentalism in Marovo Lagoon
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2006
International Social Science Journal
Volume 58, Issue 187, pages 69–85, March 2006
How to Cite
Hviding, E. (2006), Knowing and managing biodiversity in the Pacific Islands: challenges of environmentalism in Marovo Lagoon. International Social Science Journal, 58: 69–85. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2451.2006.00602.x
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2006
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!