Thandika Mkandawire is Director of the United Nations Research Institute for Social Development. He is an economist with a long experience in the promotion of comparative research on development issues. From 1986 to 1996, he was Executive Secretary of the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa, headquartered in Dakar. He has published extensively on development issues, democracy, and social policy. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social development policies: new challenges for the social sciences
Article first published online: 16 JAN 2008
International Social Science Journal
Volume 58, Issue 189, pages 395–404, September 2006
How to Cite
Mkandawire, T. (2006), Social development policies: new challenges for the social sciences. International Social Science Journal, 58: 395–404. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2451.2007.00637.x
- Issue published online: 16 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 16 JAN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!