Roberto E. Mercadillo is at the Institute of Neurobiology, National Autonomous University of Mexico, National School of Anthropology and History. His main research interests are the evolution of cooperative behaviour in primate phylogenetics, the neurobiological bases of social cognition and the processes of empathy and compassion. Recent publications include R.E. Mercadillo, J.L. Díaz and F.A. Barrios, 2007, Definition of compassionate-evoking images in a Mexican sample in Perceptual and motor skills, 105, 661–676 and R.E. Mercadillo, J.L. Díaz and F.A. Barrios 2007, Neurobiología de las emociones morales in Salud Mental (Neurobiology of moral emotions in Mental Health, 30 (3), 1–11. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Violence and compassion: a bioethical insight into their cognitive bases and social manifestations
Article first published online: 14 APR 2011
© UNESCO 2011
International Social Science Journal
Volume 61, Issue 200-201, pages 221–232, June/September 2010
How to Cite
Mercadillo, R. E. and Arias, N. A. (2010), Violence and compassion: a bioethical insight into their cognitive bases and social manifestations. International Social Science Journal, 61: 221–232. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2451.2011.01759.x
Nallely A. Arias is at the Faculty of Psychology, National Autonomous University of Mexico. Her main research interest is the neuro-psychological and electrophysiological characterisation of individuals prone to impulsive and premeditated violent behaviour. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!