This paper uses data from the World Health Organization (WHO) Study on global AGEing and adult health (SAGE), supported through grants OGHA 04034785; YA1323-08-CN-0020; Y1-AG-1005-0 (R01-AG034479). We would like to acknowledge the principal investigators at the SAGE sites: P. Arokiasamy (India), R. Biritwum (Ghana), Wu Fan (People's Republic of China), R. Lopez Riadura (Mexico), T. Maximova (Russian Federation) and N. Phaswanamafuya (South Africa). The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views or policies of the WHO.
Social protection and preventing illness in developing countries: Establishing the health effects of pensions and health insurance
Article first published online: 16 OCT 2012
© 2012 The author(s) International Social Security Review © 2012 International Social Security Association
International Social Security Review
Special Issue: Social Security and Prevention
Volume 65, Issue 4, pages 51–68, October-December 2012
How to Cite
Lloyd-Sherlock, P., Minicuci, N., Beard, J. and Chatterji, S. (2012), Social protection and preventing illness in developing countries: Establishing the health effects of pensions and health insurance. International Social Security Review, 65: 51–68. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-246X.2012.01447.x
- Issue published online: 16 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 16 OCT 2012
- OGHA. Grant Numbers: 04034785, YA1323-08-CN-0020, Y1-AG-1005-0 (R01-AG034479)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!