Author's note: An earlier version of this paper was presented at the annual meeting of the International Studies Association, Chicago, February 21–24, 2001. I gratefully acknowledge the Halbert Program at the Munk Centre for International Studies, University of Toronto, The Leonard Davis Institute for International Relations at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem for their generous financial support. I am also indebted to Emanuel Adler, Sasson Sofer, Amnon Linder, and the editors and anonymous reviewers of ISQ for their helpful suggestions. Of course, I am solely responsible for any errors of substance or interpretation.
The Social (and Religious) Meanings that Constitute War: The Crusades as Realpolitik vs. Socialpolitik
Article first published online: 14 NOV 2005
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 49, Issue 4, pages 715–738, December 2005
How to Cite
Alkopher, T. D. (2005), The Social (and Religious) Meanings that Constitute War: The Crusades as Realpolitik vs. Socialpolitik. International Studies Quarterly, 49: 715–738. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2005.00385.x
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2005
- Article first published online: 14 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!