Authors' note: Earlier versions of this paper were presented at the American Political Science Association Annual Meeting (2004) and the Midwest Political Science Association Annual Meeting (2005). We would like to thank Molly Melin for her excellent research assistance and Donald Rothchild, Dan Reiter, Desiree Nielsson, and James Spriggs for their helpful comments. We are also grateful to the editor, and three anonymous reviewers of International Studies Quarterly for their constructive suggestions. The data used in this study may be found in http://www.posc.canterbury.ac.nz/people/bercovitch.shtml
Overcoming Obstacles to Peace: The Contribution of Mediation to Short-Lived Conflict Settlements
Version of Record online: 13 NOV 2006
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 819–840, December 2006
How to Cite
GARTNER, S. S. and BERCOVITCH, J. (2006), Overcoming Obstacles to Peace: The Contribution of Mediation to Short-Lived Conflict Settlements. International Studies Quarterly, 50: 819–840. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2006.00427.x
- Issue online: 13 NOV 2006
- Version of Record online: 13 NOV 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!