Author's note: I thank colleagues from Georgetown University, the Brookings Institution, Harvard University's Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Princeton University's Center for Globalization and Governance, and three anonymous reviewers for comments on this project. I also thank students from Georgetown and Mannheim University as well as Bethany Albertson, Rosa Alonso, Jeffrey Anderson, Francis Beer, Andrew Bennett, Carl Brenner, Mark Copelovitch, Thomas Callaghy, James Davis, Kelly Greenhill, G. John Ikenberry, Patrick Jackson, Sarah Knight, Richard Ned Lebow, Jeff Legro, Jon Monten, Rodger Payne, Jon Rosenwasser, Thomas Risse, Frank Schimmelfennig, Sidney Tarrow, Leslie Vinjamuri, Mark Warren, and Thomas Wright for their helpful comments on earlier iterations. Thanks to Raymond Hicks for valuable suggestions for data. Special thanks go to those who agreed to be interviewed. These include David Bryden, Sonny Callahan, Jamie Drummond, Stephanie Flanders, Dan Driscoll-Shaw, Alan Gill, Scott Hatch, Thomas M. Hart, Nicola Jenns, Mark Lagon, Adrian Lovett, Jamie McCormick, Larry Summers, Susan Thompson, as well as other officials and advocates who provided me with invaluable background information.
Bono Made Jesse Helms Cry: Jubilee 2000, Debt Relief, and Moral Action in International Politics
Article first published online: 29 JUN 2007
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 51, Issue 2, pages 247–275, June 2007
How to Cite
BUSBY, J. W. (2007), Bono Made Jesse Helms Cry: Jubilee 2000, Debt Relief, and Moral Action in International Politics. International Studies Quarterly, 51: 247–275. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2007.00451.x
- Issue published online: 29 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 29 JUN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!