Authors' note: A previous version of this article was presented at the 2005 Annual Meetings of the Midwest Political Science Association, 7-10 April 2005, Chicago, IL. Much of the research was funded by a grant from Canada's Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council as well some funding from the Canada Research Chairs program. We are grateful for the research assistance provided by Amy Cox and Suranjan Weeraratne, as well as the help provided by Amy Pate when she was the coordination of the Minorities at Risk project. This article benefited from comments from Vesna Danilovic, Erin Kimball, Lee Seymour, Will Reno, the editor and three anonymous reviewers at ISQ. We also thank Scan Gailmard and Jason Seawright for their helpful methodological advice. All remaining difficulties are our own. Data and other replication materials are available at Saidman's website: http://profspolisci.mcgill.ca/saideman/Current%20Research.htm and through the Dataverse Network Project (http://dvn.iq.harvard.edu/dvn/dv/isq).
Laissez Fear: Assessing the Impact of Government Involvement in the Economy on Ethnic Violence
Version of Record online: 27 MAY 2008
© 2008 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 235–259, June 2008
How to Cite
Steinberg, D. A. and Saideman, S. M. (2008), Laissez Fear: Assessing the Impact of Government Involvement in the Economy on Ethnic Violence. International Studies Quarterly, 52: 235–259. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2008.00500.x
- Issue online: 27 MAY 2008
- Version of Record online: 27 MAY 2008
Vol. 52, Issue 3, 689, Version of Record online: 7 AUG 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!