Author’s note :A previous version of this paper was presented at the 2006 annual meeting of the Southern Political Science Association, Atlanta, GA, January 5–7. I am grateful to Ryan Bakker, Mark Crescenzi, Stephen Gent, Layna Mosley, and Marco Steenbergen for their assistance in this project. I would also like to thank Mark Gibney, Edward Weisband, and the several anonymous reviewers for their useful comments and suggestions. Replication data and command files are available via the Dataverse Network Project (http://dvn.iq.harvard.edu/dvn/dv/isq) and the ISA data archive page (http://www.isanet.org/data_archive/).
“A Hand upon the Throat of the Nation”: Economic Sanctions and State Repression, 1976–2001
Version of Record online: 7 AUG 2008
© 2008 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 489–513, September 2008
How to Cite
Wood, R. M. (2008), “A Hand upon the Throat of the Nation”: Economic Sanctions and State Repression, 1976–2001. International Studies Quarterly, 52: 489–513. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2008.00512.x
- Issue online: 7 AUG 2008
- Version of Record online: 7 AUG 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!