I have been privileged to work in an environment full of bright young scholars, many of whom have let me use our joint work or even pilfer their own. Halvard Buhaug, Han Dorussen, Håvard Hegre, Håvard Strand, and Henrik Urdal deserve special mention here. Thanks to the same people plus Kristian Skrede Gleditsch, Ragnhild Nordås, and Gudrun Østby for commenting on an earlier version and, of course, to the members of the Association for electing me. I would also like to record my gratitude to the Research Council of Norway for support for the research reported here, as well as sponsorship of the reception following the Presidential Address. Sage Publications Ltd. and PRIO also contributed to the reception. A PowerPoint presentation accompanied the delivery of this address at the convention. The talents of Siri Camilla Aas Rustad are visible in every slide. The presentation can be found, along with references to the data sources, on http://www.isanet.org/sanfran2008. Replication data for the figures presented here can be found at http://dvn.iq.harvard.edu/dvn/dv/isq, http://www.isanet.org/data_archive and http://www.prio.no/cscw/datasets.
The Liberal Moment Fifteen Years On1
Presidential address, 49th Convention of the International Studies Association, San Francisco, CA, March 27, 2008.
Article first published online: 19 NOV 2008
© 2008 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 691–712, December 2008
How to Cite
Gleditsch, N. P. (2008), The Liberal Moment Fifteen Years On. International Studies Quarterly, 52: 691–712. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2008.00522.x
- Issue published online: 19 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 19 NOV 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!