Authors’ note: This research was conducted with the help of funding from the IIE and Ohio State University. Thanks to Marcus Kurtz, Alexander Thompson, Michael Neblo, Janet Box-Steffensmeier, Autumn Lockwood Payton, Randolph Siverson, Alastair Smith, Bruce Bueno de Mesquita, the University of Michigan summer writing group, and five anonymous reviewers for their comments on previous drafts. The author would also like to thank Shawn Treier, Simon Jackman, and Gary Reich for sharing their data. All errors are the author’s.
Survival and Accountability: An Analysis of the Empirical Support for “Selectorate Theory”
Article first published online: 8 SEP 2009
© 2009 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 53, Issue 3, pages 695–714, September 2009
How to Cite
Kennedy, R. (2009), Survival and Accountability: An Analysis of the Empirical Support for “Selectorate Theory”. International Studies Quarterly, 53: 695–714. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2009.00552.x
- Issue published online: 8 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 8 SEP 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!