Authors’ note: Authors are listed alphabetically. We thank the editors and two anonymous reviewers for ISQ, Todd Allee, Carew Boulding, Pradeep Chhibber, Rob Franzese, Tim Frye, Claudio Holzner, Amaney Jamal, Heidi Sherman, and Nita Rudra, for their comments and help on various aspects of this article. Previous versions of this article also benefited from audience feedback at the 2007 Annual Meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association, Chicago, and the 2007 General Conference of the European Consortium for Political Research, Pisa, Italy. All errors remain solely our own. To preserve space, we have placed many of the robustness and sensitivity checks that we have conducted in a Web appendix to this article. We note throughout the article what information can be found there. This appendix, and all the files required to replicate our analyses, will be hosted on Irfan Nooruddin’s Web site: http://polisci.osu.edu/faculty/nooruddi/research.htm.
Openness, Uncertainty, and Social Spending: Implications for the Globalization— Welfare State Debate
Article first published online: 8 SEP 2009
© 2009 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 53, Issue 3, pages 841–866, September 2009
How to Cite
Nooruddin, I. and Simmons, J. W. (2009), Openness, Uncertainty, and Social Spending: Implications for the Globalization— Welfare State Debate. International Studies Quarterly, 53: 841–866. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2009.00558.x
- Issue published online: 8 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 8 SEP 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!