Authors’ notes: We acknowledge financial support from the ETH Competence Center “Coping with Crisis in Complex Socio-Economic Systems.” This project has profited from comments by the participants of the workshop “Political Networks II” that was held at Cambridge University, March 18–19, 2005; the conference on “Generative Social Processes, Models, and Mechanisms,” University of Chicago, October 13-15, 2005; and the CCSS Workshop, Zürich, June 8, 2009. We would also like to thank Alessandro Lomi for organizing the workshop “Forms, Functions, and Organization,” Bologna, September 9–10, 2004, which stimulated the early phase of this project.
Growing Sovereignty: Modeling the Shift from Indirect to Direct Rule
Article first published online: 9 MAR 2010
© 2010 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 54, Issue 1, pages 27–48, March 2010
How to Cite
Cederman, L.-E. and Girardin, L. (2010), Growing Sovereignty: Modeling the Shift from Indirect to Direct Rule. International Studies Quarterly, 54: 27–48. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2009.00576.x
- Issue published online: 9 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 9 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!