The authors thank Irfan Nooruddin, Adam Przeworski, Armando Razo, and three anonymous referees for helpful comments and suggestions on this project. Earlier versions of this paper were presented at the conferences, “Dictatorships: Their Governance and Social Consequences,” (Princeton University: April 25–26, 2008) and III Conferencia de Doctores (Juan March Institute: June 18–19, 2008). Replication material is available at http://isanet.ccit.arizona.edu/data_archive.html.
Dealing with Tyranny: International Sanctions and the Survival of Authoritarian Rulers1
Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2010
© 2010 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 54, Issue 2, pages 335–359, June 2010
How to Cite
Escribà-Folch, A. and Wright, J. (2010), Dealing with Tyranny: International Sanctions and the Survival of Authoritarian Rulers. International Studies Quarterly, 54: 335–359. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2010.00590.x
- Issue online: 7 JUN 2010
- Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!