Presidential Address, 51st Annual Convention of the International Studies Association, New Orleans, LA, February 18, 2010. I am indebted to the thoughtful and constructive comments on a earlier draft of this paper from my colleagues at UCSD, especially J. Lawrence Broz, Erik Gartzke, Emilie Hafner-Burton, Stephan Haggard, Miles Kahler, Megumi Naoi, Philip Roeder, Christina Schneider, Branislav Slantchev, and David Victor, as well as my graduate students, including Cameron Brown, Mark Culyba, Ming-Cheih Kuo, Yonathan Lupu, and Brigitte Zimmerman, who provided helpful written comments. The penultimate version of the paper was presented at Concordia University in March 2010 and Florida State University in April 2010. I am grateful to the participants in these seminars for their comments and criticisms and, especially, to Norrin Ripsman and Courtenay Conrad who provided detailed commentary.
Rightful Rules: Authority, Order, and the Foundations of Global Governance
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2010
© 2010 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 54, Issue 3, pages 587–613, September 2010
How to Cite
Lake, D. A. (2010), Rightful Rules: Authority, Order, and the Foundations of Global Governance. International Studies Quarterly, 54: 587–613. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2010.00601.x
- Issue online: 6 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!