Data collection for this project was funded by a 2004 research grant from the Indiana State University Research Committee (James M. Scott, Principal Investigator). Data, codebook, and STATA routines for this paper are available at the PI’s Web site at Oklahoma State University at http://polsci.okstate.edu/index.php/people-mainmenu-43/faculty-listing-mainmenu-65/150. An earlier version of this article was presented at the 2006 International Studies Association Annual Conference. The authors thank the anonymous reviewers of this manuscript, as well as A. Cooper Drury, Michael Findley, Brian Gaines, Patrick James, Sara McLaughlin Mitchell, Mark Peceny, Jeff Pickering, Toby Rider, and Peter Rudloff for their very helpful comments and suggestions.
Sponsoring Democracy: The United States and Democracy Aid to the Developing World, 1988–20011
Article first published online: 7 MAR 2011
© 2011 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 55, Issue 1, pages 47–69, March 2011
How to Cite
Scott, J. M. and Steele, C. A. (2011), Sponsoring Democracy: The United States and Democracy Aid to the Developing World, 1988–2001. International Studies Quarterly, 55: 47–69. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2010.00635.x
- Issue published online: 7 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 7 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!