The authors are grateful to scholars and students at the University of Leuven, Belgium; George Washington University; Graduate Institute, Geneva, Switzerland; The World Bank; the US International Trade Commission; and the US Department of State, for comments on this paper as well, as to the anonymous reviewers. The empirical tests were conducted using STATA 9.2. Replication data and do files for are available at http://www.isanet.org/data_archive/.
Unexpected Bedfellows: The GATT, the WTO and Some Democratic Rights1
Article first published online: 23 MAR 2011
© 2011 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 55, Issue 2, pages 379–408, June 2011
How to Cite
Aaronson, S. A. and Abouharb, M. R. (2011), Unexpected Bedfellows: The GATT, the WTO and Some Democratic Rights. International Studies Quarterly, 55: 379–408. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2011.00646.x
- Issue published online: 7 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 23 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!