An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2008 annual meeting of the American Political Science Association. The authors would like to thank David Clark, the world politics workshop at Binghamton, and the four anonymous reviewers at ISQ for their comments and suggestions. Any remaining errors and omissions are our responsibility. The data used in this project can be found at the ISQ data replication site (as well as the authors’ personal webpages) along with the appropriate Stata do-files to replicate our findings.
From Melos to Baghdad: Explaining Resistance to Militarized Challenges from More Powerful States1
Version of Record online: 30 AUG 2011
© 2011 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 55, Issue 4, pages 1025–1045, December 2011
How to Cite
Allen, . M. A. and Fordham, . B. O. (2011), From Melos to Baghdad: Explaining Resistance to Militarized Challenges from More Powerful States. International Studies Quarterly, 55: 1025–1045. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2011.00680.x
- Issue online: 7 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 30 AUG 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!