Author’s note: Thanks to Songying Fang, Mark Fey, Justin Fox, Curt Signorino, Randy Stone, Robert Walker, the editor of International Studies Quarterly, and the anonymous referees for comments and advice. An earlier version of this paper appears in my dissertation Bargaining and Uncertainty in World Politics, University of Rochester, 2005.
Cheap Talk Diplomacy, Voluntary Negotiations, and Variable Bargaining Power1
Article first published online: 27 SEP 2011
© 2011 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 55, Issue 4, pages 1003–1023, December 2011
How to Cite
Ramsay, . K. W. (2011), Cheap Talk Diplomacy, Voluntary Negotiations, and Variable Bargaining Power. International Studies Quarterly, 55: 1003–1023. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2011.00687.x
- Issue published online: 7 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 27 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!