I would like to thank International Studies Quarterly’s editors and reviewers for their thoughtful suggestions, as well as Stefano Guzzini for encouraging me to present my interpretation of Kaplan’s work, and for his helpful comments. I am, above all, grateful to Mort Kaplan himself, who has accepted, with great enthusiasm and patience, to engage in a dialogue with me since April 2008. The reconstruction of Systemic Pragmatism I offer here owes much to our discussions, to Kaplan’s intellectual generosity, and to his willingness to discuss his work through different lenses and engage my perspective on his oeuvre. Some of these discussions were held in Chicago in November 2008; I am grateful to the Center for American Studies and Research at the American University of Beirut for facilitating that trip.
Beyond (Post)Positivism: The Missed Promises of Systemic Pragmatism1
Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2012
© 2012 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 56, Issue 2, pages 291–305, June 2012
How to Cite
Hamati-Ataya, I. (2012), Beyond (Post)Positivism: The Missed Promises of Systemic Pragmatism. International Studies Quarterly, 56: 291–305. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2011.00710.x
- Issue online: 8 JUN 2012
- Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!