Authors’ note: The authors would like to thank the anonymous reviewers, Thomas Christensen, Christina Davis, Sarah Eaton, Robert Jervis, Kris Ramsay, Jonathan Renshon, and participants of Princeton University’s Science and Global Security Seminar and Junior Faculty Colloquium for their comments.
The Personal Touch: Leaders’ Impressions, Costly Signaling, and Assessments of Sincerity in International Affairs1
Article first published online: 10 MAY 2012
© 2012 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 56, Issue 3, pages 560–573, September 2012
How to Cite
HALL, T. and YARHI-MILO, K. (2012), The Personal Touch: Leaders’ Impressions, Costly Signaling, and Assessments of Sincerity in International Affairs. International Studies Quarterly, 56: 560–573. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2478.2012.00731.x
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 10 MAY 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!