Charles Pavitt is associate professor of communication at the University of Delaware. His main research interests are in communication in formal interpersonal settings, and the relevance of philosophy of science for communication theory. This essay is much the better for the input from this journal's editor and reviewers.
The Third Way: Scientific Realism and Communication Theory
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2006
Volume 9, Issue 2, pages 162–188, May 1999
How to Cite
Pavitt, C. (1999), The Third Way: Scientific Realism and Communication Theory. Communication Theory, 9: 162–188. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2885.1999.tb00356.x
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 17 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!