This article is part of a forthcoming book entitled Words That Succeed and Policies That Fail. The research was supported in part by funds granted to the Institute for Research on Poverty at the University of Wisconsin-Madison by the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare pursuant to the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964. The opinions expressed are those of the author.
THE LANGUAGE OF PARTICIPATION AND THE LANGUAGE OF RESISTANCE1
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2006
Human Communication Research
Volume 3, Issue 2, pages 159–170, December 1977
How to Cite
EDELMAN, M. (1977), THE LANGUAGE OF PARTICIPATION AND THE LANGUAGE OF RESISTANCE. Human Communication Research, 3: 159–170. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2958.1977.tb00514.x
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 17 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!