This article is based on research funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC UK), reference number G002220022. The authors are grateful to John Telfer for his excellent vocal guises, to Diane Mackie for early discussions of design and approach, to Brenda Billinghurst for considerable assistance in coding and its designs, to Mark Georgeson and David Routh for their statistical assistance, and to Kathy Kellermann for invaluable feedback on a previous draft.
Language Attitudes and Cognitive Mediation
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2006
Human Communication Research
Volume 18, Issue 4, pages 500–527, June 1992
How to Cite
GILES, H., HENWOOD, K., COUPLAND, N., HARRIMAN, J. and COUPLAND, J. (1992), Language Attitudes and Cognitive Mediation. Human Communication Research, 18: 500–527. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2958.1992.tb00570.x
- Issue online: 17 MAR 2006
- Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!