For each of the following sites, I would like to thank those who helped make this study possible, for allowing me to work with them, and/or for sharing the data: for R&D1, Drs. Bob Kraut and Rob Fish of Bell Communications Research Labs; for GOVT, Dr. Jack Torobin; for R&D2, Dr. Lynne Markus and Gail Love; for AERO, Dr. Doug Shook; for CHEM, Joyce Tyler; and for INS, Drs. Doug Shook and Bonnie Johnson. I also thank two anonymous reviewers and Editor Howard Giles for their helpful comments on an earlier draft of this article.
Using Social Presence Theory to Compare Traditional and New Organizational Media
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2006
Human Communication Research
Volume 19, Issue 4, pages 451–484, June 1993
How to Cite
RICE, R. E. (1993), Media Appropriateness. Human Communication Research, 19: 451–484. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2958.1993.tb00309.x
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 17 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!