The preparation of this article was supported by a grant from Apple Computer's Advanced Technology Group and a University of California at Santa Barbara academic research grant. The authors gratefully acknowledge responses by Mark Heller, Andrea Hollingshead, Peter Monge, and Sami Kudsi to an earlier version of the article, as well as the insightful input of Bob McPhee. Inquiries and requests for reprints should be sent to Professor Noshir Contractor, 244 Lincoln Hall, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801.
Theoretical Frameworks for the Study of Structuring Processes in Group Decision Support Systems
Adaptive Structuration Theory and Self-Organizing Systems Theory
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2006
Human Communication Research
Volume 19, Issue 4, pages 528–563, June 1993
How to Cite
CONTRACTOR, N. S. and SEIBOLD, D. R. (1993), Theoretical Frameworks for the Study of Structuring Processes in Group Decision Support Systems. Human Communication Research, 19: 528–563. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2958.1993.tb00312.x
- Issue online: 17 MAR 2006
- Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!