The authors would like to thank Howard Giles and two anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments and suggestions. Special thanks are due to James Watt for his advice during the course of this study. This study was funded, in part, by the University of Connecticut Research Foundation.
Affect, Reason, and Persuasion Advertising Strategies That Predict Affective and Analytic-Cognitive Responses
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2006
Human Communication Research
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 422–441, March 1995
How to Cite
CHAUDHURI, A. and BUCK, R. (1995), Affect, Reason, and Persuasion Advertising Strategies That Predict Affective and Analytic-Cognitive Responses. Human Communication Research, 21: 422–441. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2958.1995.tb00353.x
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 17 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!