Reports of the individual studies on which this article is based were presented at the annual meetings of the Speech Communication Association (Miami Beach, FL 1993), the International Communication Association (Sydney, NSW 1994), and the Western States Communication Association (Portland, OR, 1995). Please address all correspondence to the first author.
Constituting Relationships in Talk A Taxonomy of Speech Events in Social and Personal Relationships
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2006
Human Communication Research
Volume 23, Issue 1, pages 87–114, September 1996
How to Cite
GOLDSMITH, D. J. and BAXTER, L. A. (1996), Constituting Relationships in Talk A Taxonomy of Speech Events in Social and Personal Relationships. Human Communication Research, 23: 87–114. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2958.1996.tb00388.x
- Issue online: 17 MAR 2006
- Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!