Study 1 is based on the first author's doctoral dissertation, directed by the second author. The authors wish to thank Dr. Judee Burgoon and Dr. Pat Jones for their contributions, and Dr. Walid Affifi for his research assistance in the lab in Tucson. Study 2 was funded by a Research Relations Fund grant at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. The authors also wish to extend their appreciation to Makana Chock for her research assistance in the lab in Honolulu and to Dr. Michael Basil and Dr. Timothy Levine for their contributions. Address all correspondence to the first author.
Display Rule Development in Romantic Relationships Emotion Management and Perceived Appropriateness of Emotions Across Relationship Stages
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2006
Human Communication Research
Volume 23, Issue 1, pages 115–145, September 1996
How to Cite
STRZYZEWSKIAUNE, K., BULLER, D. B. and AUNE, R. K. (1996), Display Rule Development in Romantic Relationships Emotion Management and Perceived Appropriateness of Emotions Across Relationship Stages. Human Communication Research, 23: 115–145. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2958.1996.tb00389.x
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 17 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!