The research reported in this article was conducted as a partial requirement for the first author's doctoral dissertation and was also, in part, supported by funds from a University of California at Santa Barbara Academic Senate Grant awarded to the second author. Versions of this article were presented in New Orleans at the Annual Meetings of the Gerontological Society of America (November 1993) and the Speech Communication Association (November 1994), where it was ranked Top Paper in the Commission on Aging and Communication. We are very grateful to Michael Hecht, David Seibold, Barbara Wilson, and Denise Bielby for their input during various phases of this work; Tim Murphy, Wendy Martin, Stephanie Newman, Michael Hanzo, and John Sullivan for their help with coding the data; and Nik Coupland, Cindy Gallois, and two anonymous reviewers for their helpful feedback on earlier drafts of this article.
Intergenerational Conversations Young Adults' Retrospective Accounts
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2006
Human Communication Research
Volume 23, Issue 2, pages 220–250, December 1996
How to Cite
WILLIAMS, A. and GILES, H. (1996), Intergenerational Conversations Young Adults' Retrospective Accounts. Human Communication Research, 23: 220–250. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2958.1996.tb00393.x
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 17 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!