This article is based on the first author's master's thesis, produced under the direction of the second author. In 1996, Trees presented the article at the Western States Communication Association, Pasadena, CA. The authors acknowledge the important input provided by thesis committee members Isabelle Bauman and Gerry Philipsen and by the reviewers. Direct correspondence to the authors, Department of Communication, Box 353415, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195.
Managing Face Concerns in Criticism Integrating Nonverbal Behaviors as a Dimension of Politeness in Female Friendship Dyads
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2006
Human Communication Research
Volume 24, Issue 4, pages 564–583, June 1998
How to Cite
TREES, A. R. and MANUSOV, V. (1998), Managing Face Concerns in Criticism Integrating Nonverbal Behaviors as a Dimension of Politeness in Female Friendship Dyads. Human Communication Research, 24: 564–583. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2958.1998.tb00431.x
- Issue online: 17 MAR 2006
- Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!