The author thanks Elizabeth Boyd, Steve dayman, Chuck Goodwin, John Heritage, Anna Lindstrom, Druann Pagliassotti, Geoff Raymond, Andrew Roth, Emanuel Schegloff, Tanya Stivers, David Whelan, and two anonymous reviewers for comments on earlier drafts. Also, the author thanks Dr. Peter Campion, M.D., for making the data available; Catherine Munro for drawing Figures 1 to 3; and Karen Tracy and Cindy Gallois for editorial guidance.
Getting Down to Business Talk, Gaze, and Body Orientation During Openings of Doctor-Patient Consultations
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2006
Human Communication Research
Volume 25, Issue 1, pages 97–123, September 1998
How to Cite
ROBINSON, J. D. (1998), Getting Down to Business Talk, Gaze, and Body Orientation During Openings of Doctor-Patient Consultations. Human Communication Research, 25: 97–123. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2958.1998.tb00438.x
- Issue online: 17 MAR 2006
- Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!