This research is based on the first author’s dissertation, which was directed by the other authors. A previous version of this research was presented at the International Communication Association in Montreal, May 2008.
Social Identification and Interpersonal Communication in Computer-Mediated Communication: What You Do Versus Who You Are in Virtual Groups
Version of Record online: 18 DEC 2008
© 2009 International Communication Association
Human Communication Research
Volume 35, Issue 1, pages 59–85, January 2009
How to Cite
Wang, Z., Walther, J. B. and Hancock, J. T. (2009), Social Identification and Interpersonal Communication in Computer-Mediated Communication: What You Do Versus Who You Are in Virtual Groups. Human Communication Research, 35: 59–85. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2958.2008.01338.x
- Issue online: 18 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 18 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!