Conflict of interest Methyl aminolevulinate (Metvixia®) was provided free of charge by its manufacturer (Galderma), but the pharmaceutical lab was not involved in the trial design, analysis of the data or the preparation of the manuscript. Dr Gloria Sanclemente has received speaker fees and support for attending meetings from Galderma. Dr Leonardo Medina has received support for attending meetings from Galderma.
A prospective split-face double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial to assess the efficacy of methyl aminolevulinate + red-light in patients with facial photodamage
Article first published online: 28 APR 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology © 2010 European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Volume 25, Issue 1, pages 49–58, January 2011
How to Cite
Sanclemente, G., Medina, L., Villa, J.-F., Barrera, L.-M. and Garcia, H.-I. (2011), A prospective split-face double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial to assess the efficacy of methyl aminolevulinate + red-light in patients with facial photodamage. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, 25: 49–58. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-3083.2010.03687.x
Funding sources Group of Investigative Dermatology-GRID, Academic Group of Clinical Epidemiology, University of Antioquia, Medellin-Colombia.
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2010
- Received: 18 January 2010; Accepted: 15 March 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.