Title: Saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to research
- • People with learning disability should get the chance to say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to taking part in research.
- • This can be hard if you have difficulty in understanding or speaking.
- • This paper is about how we tried to find ways to help people understand and say what they felt about taking part in research.
- • We found:
- –people with learning disability need more time to make decisions about research
- –researchers need to be good at communicating and getting to know people
- –researchers need to use different ways to communicate – not just speech