- • People with learning disability are just as likely as people in the general population to get cancer.
- • In this study we have looked at how often clients who get cancer are admitted to hospital.
- • We found that clients who get cancer are admitted to hospital much more often than clients who do not get cancer.
- • We also looked at the experiences of two clients to show what clients have to go through when they get cancer.
- • This research could help parents/carers and clients to know what to expect when people with learning disability need treatment and care for cancer.