- • We have done research about cancer, death and dying. People with learning disabilities who had cancer were in our studies. This paper is about making sure that our research is ethical. This means that we don’t want to cause any harm (or make people upset) when we do the research. We ask:
- • How do we find people to be in our studies?
- • What should we do if people cannot understand the research they are in?
- • What should we do if people do not want us to use a made-up name in our writing?
- • What should we do if, during the research, we see that people with learning disabilities are not treated right?
- • What is the relationship with the researcher? Is the researcher a nurse, a helper or a friend?