- A series of stand-alone groups were offered on an assessment and treatment ward for adults with learning disabilities.
- The group ran for 9 weeks and involved session themes of relaxation, sensory and physical activities.
- All individuals involved reported to have found the sessions useful and enjoyable.
- All staff involved reported that the sessions were helpful for the participants.
- The sessions helped individuals to improve their mood following the session.
- The sessions provided a practical way of introducing therapeutic activity to the ward and developing therapeutic relationships.