- Staff who care for people with autism were shown video of themselves at work.
- Only good bits of video were shown to staff. Good bits were chosen because the video showed that the staff and the people with autism were enjoying being with each other.
- We asked four members of staff how watching the good bits of video made them think and feel.
- In this paper, we report what the staff said. We grouped their ideas into sets. In this paper, we report exactly what the staff said.
- We found that all staff felt more confident after watching the videos. They could see more ways that the people with autism were communicating with them. They could imagine being better at making relationships with people with autism.
- We think that finding positive moments of enjoyment using video is a good way to make things work better for staff and for the people with autism.