We would like to thank an anonymous referee, Fumio Hayashi (a guest editor), Shin-ichi Fukuda, Takeo Hoshi, Takatoshi Ito, Colin McKenzie, and Kazuo Ogawa for valuable comments and discussion. In addition, we would like to thank seminar participants at the CIRJE-TCER Macroeconomic Conference, the 2003 meeting of the Japanese Economic Association, Development Bank of Japan, Osaka University, Ritsumeikan University, and Hitotsubashi University for helpful comments. The second author would like to acknowledge financial support from the Ministry of Education and Science, Japan (Identification Number: 12124207).
WHAT CAUSED FIXED INVESTMENT TO STAGNATE DURING THE 1990S IN JAPAN? EVIDENCE FROM PANEL DATA OF LISTED COMPANIES*
Article first published online: 20 JUN 2006
Japanese Economic Review
Volume 57, Issue 2, pages 283–306, June 2006
How to Cite
HORI, K., SAITO, M. and ANDO, K. (2006), WHAT CAUSED FIXED INVESTMENT TO STAGNATE DURING THE 1990S IN JAPAN? EVIDENCE FROM PANEL DATA OF LISTED COMPANIES. Japanese Economic Review, 57: 283–306. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5876.2006.00366.x
- Issue published online: 20 JUN 2006
- Article first published online: 20 JUN 2006
- Final version accepted 9 May 2005.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Corporate Financing, Taxation, and Tobin’s <i>q</i>: Evidence from Japanese Firms and Industries, Journal of Mathematical Finance, 2013, 03, 03, 27, , ,
- 2Effects of public investment on sectoral private investment: A factor augmented VAR approach, Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, 2013, 27, 35, , ,
- 3Patient investment of family firms in the Japanese electric machinery industry, Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 2013, 30, 3, 697,
- 5Japanʼs intangible capital and valuation of corporations in a neoclassical framework, Review of Economic Dynamics, 2012, 15, 4, 459, ,
- 7Family firms and firm performance: Evidence from Japan, Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, 2008, 22, 4, 620,