Fukushige was supported by JSPS, Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B) 19330045 and (A) 22243026. The final version of the paper was completed when he visited the College of Population Studies at Chulalongkorn University and he is most appreciative of the hospitality shown during this visit, especially by the Deputy Dean, Dr Worawet Suwanrada. The authors are also very grateful to two anonymous referees for their helpful comments on this paper and Dr Keigo Kameda and other participants in the seminar at Kwansei Gakuin University and Policy Modeling Workshop at National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) for their helpful comments on an earlier version of this paper.
TAX PROJECTIONS AND ECONOMIC FORECASTS BY GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRATS: HIDDEN MANOEUVERINGS BEHIND FISCAL RECONSTRUCTION IN JAPAN*
Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2012
© 2012 Japanese Economic Association
The Japanese Economic Review
Volume 63, Issue 4, pages 528–545, December 2012
How to Cite
MAEKAWA, S. and FUKUSHIGE, M. (2012), TAX PROJECTIONS AND ECONOMIC FORECASTS BY GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRATS: HIDDEN MANOEUVERINGS BEHIND FISCAL RECONSTRUCTION IN JAPAN. Japanese Economic Review, 63: 528–545. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5876.2011.00558.x
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2012
- Final version accepted 8 November 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!