I would like to acknowledge financial support from the Japanese Bankers' Science Foundation (Zenkoku Ginkou Gakujyutsu Shinkou Zaidan). I would also like to thank the many participants in and colleagues at the international workshop, “Corporate Governance and Labor Relations” on 27 February 2009—especially Takuji Saito, Katsuyuki Kubo, and Takao Kato—for their helpful comments—as well as the editor and the anonymous referee of this journal.
Determinants of the Timing of Downsizing Among Large Japanese Firms: Long-Term Employment Practices and Corporate Governance†
Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2012
© 2012 Japanese Economic Association
The Japanese Economic Review
Volume 64, Issue 3, pages 363–398, September 2013
How to Cite
Noda, T. (2013), Determinants of the Timing of Downsizing Among Large Japanese Firms: Long-Term Employment Practices and Corporate Governance. Japanese Economic Review, 64: 363–398. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5876.2012.00578.x
- Issue online: 1 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 31 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 MAY 2012
- Japanese Bankers' Science Foundation (Zenkoku Ginkou Gakujyutsu Shinkou Zaidan)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!